Policy and procedures
Brisbane Massage Therapy is a member of The Association of Massage Therapists Ltd (AMT)
AMT Member: 15986 www.amt.org.au
Brisbane Massage Therapy is bound by the AMT Code Ethics and AMT Code of Practice, a benchmark set of standards for the safe and ethical practice of massage therapy in Australia.
For more Information about Massage Therapy Code of Practice - AMT click here
On initial consultation you will be required to give verbal and written informed consent to the massage therapy to be provided, along with medical information filled out to be kept on file.
The Association of Massage Therapists Ltd (AMT) is a not-for-profit, membership association representing qualified Massage Therapists.
AMT members are bound by the AMT Code of Ethics and AMT Code of Practice, a benchmark set of standards for the safe and ethical practice of Massage Therapy in Australia. Members must hold formal qualifications in anatomy and physiology, massage therapy and a variety of allied subjects. They must also maintain a current first aid certificate, appropriate insurance, and undertake ongoing professional development.
With the AMT Code of Practice as a benchmark, AMT supports its members to deliver evidence-based, skilled, ethical and professional treatments. Quality and safety is at the heart of AMT’s agenda.
What should you expect from your AMT-accredited massage therapist?
• A clean, safe and comfortable environment before, during and after the massage.
• A thorough case assessment, including relevant medical history.
• An explanation of the nature of the massage and techniques to be used in advance of the treatment.
• The right to consent to the massage techniques and approaches, including manual pressure, used in the treatment.
• The option to ask questions and receive professional responses.
• Privacy while changing and the right to remove clothing only to your level of comfort.
• Appropriate and secure draping throughout the treatment by a sheet, towel or blanket, with only the area being massaged exposed.
• Treat all client information as private and confidential
• Store all client records securely
Massage is a patient-centred therapy. Your therapist will discuss your treatment plan with you and establish goals. You are in control of the treatment at all times and should expect to be treated with respect, courtesy and dignity.
All AMT massage therapists are bound by the AMT Code of Ethics. For more information about the AMT Complaints Policy, please go here:
To find an AMT accredited therapist in your local area, log on to